CISCE Syllabus For Class 12 Commerce: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 12. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CISCE Class 12 Commerce syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 12 Commerce Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CISCE Class 12 Commerce Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 12 Commerce in addition to this.
CISCE Class 12 Commerce Revised Syllabus
CISCE Class 12 Commerce and their Unit wise marks distribution
CISCE Class 12 Commerce Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|202||Sources of Finance for a Joint Stock Company|
|203||Banking - Latest Trends|
|302||Nature of Management – Science, Art and Profession|
|303||Importance of Management|
|304||Principles of Management|
|305||Functions of Management|
|401||Marketing: Concept and Functions|
- Concept of Business Environment
- Meaning and Features of Business Environment
- Importance of Business Environment
- Dimensions of Business Environment - Macro
- Dimensions of Business Environment - Micro
- Internal factors
- External factors
- S.W.O.T. Analysis
- A basic understanding of S.W.O.T. (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threat) Analysis
Concept, and importance of Business Environment
- Meaning, features and importance of Business Environment;
- Dimensions of Business Environment – Micro (Internal and External factors) and Macro (Economic, social, technological, political and legal) – meaning and components.
- S.W.O.T. Analysis - A basic understanding of S.W.O.T. (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threat) Analysis.
- Sources of Finance for Sole Trader
- Sources of Finance for Partnership
- Sources of Finance for Joint Stock Company
- Sources of Finance for Financial Planning
- Concept of Fixed and Working Capital
- Meaning and Features of Fixed and Working Capital
- Factors Affecting Fixed and Working Capital Requirements
- Comparison Between Fixed and Working Capital
Capital: Sources of finance for sole trader; partnership; Joint Stock Company; financial planning.
- Importance of finance for business. Sources of finance for different types of business firms. Meaning of financial planning. Factors affecting capital structure. Fixed capital - meaning, factors affecting fixed capital. Working capital – meaning, types; factors affecting working capital. Comparison between fixed and working capital.
- Types of Shares - Preference Shares Equity Shares
- preference shares
- equity shares
- Finance for a Joint Stock Company - Bonus Shares
- Finance for a Joint Stock Company - Rights Issue
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Sweat Equity Shares
- Retained Earnings
- Meaning of retained earnings
- Merits and limitations of Retained Earnings
- Long-term Sources of Funds
- Meaning and Concept of Debentures
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Debentures
- Distinction Between Shares and Debentures
- Voting Rights
- Loans from Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions
- Meaning and Features of Loans from commercial banks and Financial Institutions
- Loans from Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions - Advantages and Disadvantages
- Different Types of Short Term Financial Assistance by Commercial Banks
- Short-term Sources of Funds - Public Deposits
- Short-term Sources of Funds - Trade Credit
- Short-term Sources of Funds - Factoring
- Inter Corporate Deposits and Installment Credit
- Meaning and Features of Inter corporate deposits and installment credit
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Various Sources of Funds
(a) Different types of shares: equity, preference.
- Bonus shares, rights issue, ESOP, Sweat Equity Shares, Retained earnings. Long-term sources of funds.
- Equity shares - features, advantages and disadvantages.
- Preference shares - features, types advantages and disadvantages; distinction between equity shares and preference shares.
- Bonus and rights issue, ESOP and Sweat Equity Shares - meaning. Distinction between bonus shares and right shares. Retained earnings – meaning, merits and demerits.
(b) Loan capital: debentures.
- Debentures – meaning; kinds of debentures; advantages and disadvantages of debentures. Distinction between shares and debentures.
(c) Loans from commercial banks and Financial Institutions.
- Loans from commercial banks and Financial Institutions - meaning, advantages and disadvantages.
(d) Short-term sources of funds.
- Short-term sources of funds – different types of short term financial assistance by Commercial Banks; public deposits, trade credit, customer advances, factoring, Inter corporate deposits and installment credit. Meaning, advantages and disadvantages of various sources of funds.
- Concept of Online Services
- Meaning and Features of Online services
- Transfer of Funds Through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
- Banking Services with Particular Reference - National Electronic Fund Transfer
- Issue of Demand Drafts Online
- Online Payments, E-banking
- Meaning and Features of Online payments, e-Banking
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Payments, E-banking
- Mobile Banking
- SMS alerts
- transfer of funds
- making payments
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Banking
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards, ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
- Meaning and Features of Debit Cards vs Credit Cards, ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
- Differences Between Debit Card and Credit Card
- Online services- transfer of funds through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), issue of demand drafts online meaning and features.
- Online payments, e-Banking – meaning and features, advantages and disadvantages
- Mobile Banking - SMS alerts, transfer of funds, making payments - advantages and
- Debit Cards vs Credit Cards, ATM (Automated Teller Machine) – Meaning; Debit card and credit card: features and differences.
- Concept of Management
- Meaning and Features of Management
- Body of Knowledge
- Management Tools
- Separate Discipline
- Code of Conduct
- Professional Association
Meaning, objectives and characteristics of management.
- Meaning of Management: as an activity; as a group; as a discipline; as a process. Objectives and characteristics of management.
Science, Art and Profession. Self explanatory.
- Concept of Principles of Management
- Principles of Taylor’s Scientific Management
- Fayol’s Principles of Management
- Comparison of Taylor's and Fayol’s Principles.
nature of principles; need for principles.
- Nature of principles of Management; need for principles of management; Taylor’s 5 scientific principles of Management; Fayol’s 14 principles of Management; Relevance of the principles of Management in today’s business scenario. Comparison of Taylor's and Fayol’s principles.
- Management Functions
- Planning - Concept and Importance of Planning
- Controlling - Concept and Importance of Controlling
- Coordination - Concept and Importance of Coordination
- Directing - Concept and Importance of Directing
- Organizing - Concept and Importance of Organizing
- Staffing - Concept and Importance of Staffing
- Concept of Planning
- Meaning and features of Planning
- Type of Plan
- Importance of Planning
- Economic Planning in India
- Case for planning
- Case against planning
- Limitation of Planning
- Objective of Single Use and Standing Plans
- Strategy of Single Use and Standing Plans
- Policy of Single Use and Standing Plans
- Single Use and Standing Plans - Method Rule
- Budget and Programme
- Concept of Organising
- Meaning and Features of Organising
- Organising Process
- Merits and Demerits of Organising
- Structure of Organisation
- Concept of the Divisional Structure of Organisation
- Concept of Functional Structure of Organisation
- Formal and Informal Organisation
- Concept of Line
- Concept of Line and Staff
- Concept of Delegation
- Comparison Between Delegation and Decentralization
- Concept of Staffing
- Importance of Staffing
- Staffing - Recruitment Process
- Staffing - Selection Process
- Difference Between Selection and Recruitment
- Concept of Training and Development
- Meaning and Features of Training and Development
- Types of Training
- Methods of Training
- on the job
- off the job
- Induction training
- vestibule training
- apprenticeship training
- internship training
- Classroom training
- Distinction between on the job and off the job training
- Concept of Directing
Meaning and Features of Directing
- Importance of Directing
- Concept of Supervision
- Meaning and Features of Supervision
- Function of a Supervisor
- Concept of Motivation
- Meaning and Features of Motivation
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Concept of Leadership
Meaning and Features of Leadership
- Leadership - Qualities of a Good Leader
- Concept of Communication
- Meaning and Features of Communication
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- How to Overcome the Barriers
- Concept of Controlling
- Meaning and Features of Controlling
- Importance of Controlling
- Relationship Between Planning and Controlling
- Management by Exception
- Concept of Coordination
- Meaning and Features of Coordination
- Coordination as an Essence of Management
Planning; Organising; Staffing; Directing; Controlling and Coordinating.
- (a) Planning:
Meaning, steps, importance & limitation; Types of plans; Objectives, policy, procedures, method, role, budget, program – meaning, features and differences.
- (b) Organising:
Meaning, importance, steps; Structure of organization (line, line and staff, functional and divisional; Formal and informal organization) – Meaning, features, merits, demerits and differences between line and line & staff, functional and divisional, formal and informal; Meaning and importance of delegation of authority; Decentralization v/s Centralization, comparison between delegation and decentralization.
- (c) Staffing:
Meaning, steps and importance; Recruitment – Meaning and sources; Selection –Meaning and procedure; Training and development - Meaning and difference between selection and recruitment.
- (d) Directing:
Meaning and importance; Supervision- Meaning, functions and span of control;
Motivation - Meaning and Maslow’stheory;
Leadership- Meaning and qualities of a good leader;
Communication - Meaning, objectives and process. Barriers to communication and overcoming barriers to communication.
- (e) Controlling: Meaning, steps and importance; Relationship between Planning and Controlling; Management by Exception.
- (f) Coordination: Meaning of Coordination; Coordination as an essence of Management.
- Concept of Marketing
- Features of Marketing
- Marketing Functions
- Comparison Between Marketing and Selling
- Objectives and Importance of Marketing
- Objectives of Marketing
- Importance of Marketing
- To the Society
- To the Individual Firms
- Meaning and types of markets; meaning and features of marketing. Marketing concepts: traditional v/s modern - meaning and features of traditional and modern concepts of marketing. Comparison between marketing and selling. Objectives and importance of
marketing; functions of marketing – meaning, features of each function of marketing.
- Concept of Marketing Mix
- Physical Environment
- Elements of Marketing Mix
- Advertising, sales promotion, personal selling and publicity
- Marketing Mix - Product Mix
- Marketing Mix - Price Mix
- Marketing Mix - Place Mix
Meaning and Features of Place Mix
- Choice of Channels of Distribution and Physical Distribution
- Concept of Promotion (Marketing)
- Meaning and Features of Promotion
- Elements of Promotion Mix
Meaning and Elements.
- Product Mix - goods and services - meaning, features and types of goods; meaning, features of services; difference between product and services. Branding: meaning and merits. Labeling: meaning and merits. Packaging: meaning and features of good packaging.
- Price Mix – meaning, factors determining price.
- Place Mix – meaning, channel of distribution choice of channels of distribution and physical distribution.
- Promotion Mix – Meaning and elements.
- Elements – Advertising, sales promotion, personal selling and publicity – meaning, features, objectives and differences.
- Concept of Consumer Protection
- Meanng and Features of Consumer Protection
- Importance of Consumer Protection
- Rights and Responsibilities of Consumers
- Methods of Consumer Protection
- Consumer Protection Act 1986 (COPRA)
- Salient features of The Indian Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- Importance of Consumer Protection
- Objectives of the Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Legislative Measures and Consumer Associations/NGOs
rights of consumers, methods of consumer protection.
- Need for consumer protection; rights of consumers; methods of consumer protection – self help, legislative measures and consumer associations/NGOs, Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English 2011 to 2019
- Hindi (Indian Languages) 2013 to 2019
- History 2011 to 2019
- Political Science 2015 to 2019
- Geography 2011 to 2020
- Sociology 2011 to 2019
- Psychology 2011 to 2019
- Economics 2011 to 2019
- Mathematics 2011 to 2019