Units and Topics
100 Networking and Open Standards
101 Computer Networking
- Networking: a brief overview,
- Communication Media: Wired Technologies - Co-Axial,Ethernet Cable, Optical Fiber; Wireless Technologies - Blue Tooth, Infrared, Microwave, Radio Link, Satellite Link;
- Network Devices: MODEM, Hub, Switch, Repeater, Gateway - and their functions
- Types of network: LAN, MAN, WAN, PAN;
- Network Topologies: Star, Bus, Tree
- Network Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, PPP, Remote access software such as Team Viewer;
- Identifying computers and users over a network:Basic concept of domain name, MAC (Media Access Control), and IP Address, domain name resolution
- Network Security Concepts: Cyber Law, Firewall, Cookies, Hackers and Crackers
- Network security threats: denial of service, intrusion problems, snooping, eavesdropping
- Internet Applications: SMS, Voice Mail, Electronic Mail, Chat, Video Conferencing
- Wireless/ Mobile Communication: GSM, CDMA, WLL, 3G, 4G
102 Open Source Concepts
- Open Source Software (OSS), common FOSS/FLOSS examples (GNU/Linux, Firefox, OpenOffice, Java, Netbeans, MySQL), common open standards (HTML, XML, ODF, TCP/IP)
- Indian Language Computing: character encoding, UNICODE, different types of fonts (open type vs true type, static vs dynamic), entering Indian Language Text - phonetic and key map based, lnscript.
- Basic concept of class, object, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Commonly used libraries:
- String class and methods: toString(), concat(), length(), toLowerCase(), toUpperCase(), trim(), substring()
- Math class methods: pow(), round()
- Accessing MySQL database using JDBC to connect with database.
- Web application development: URL, Web server, Communicating with the web server, concept of Client and Server Side
- HTML based web pages covering basic tags - HTML, TITLE, BODY, H1..H6, B, I, U, CENTER, COMMENT, IMG, ANCHOR(A), Paragraph (P), Line Break (BR), Section Separator (HR), FONT, TABLE, LIST (UL, OL), FORM
- Creating and accessing static pages us ng HTML and introduction to XML
300 Relational Database Management System
- Concept of Database transaction, Committing and revoking a transaction using COMMIT, ROLLBACK and Savepoint.
- Grouping Records: GROUP BY, Group functions - MAX(), MIN(), AVG(), SUM(), COUNT(); using COUNT(*), DISTINCT clause with COUNT; Group Functions and Null Values.
- Creating a Table with PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY and NOT NULL constraints,Viewing Constraints, Viewingthe ColumnsAssociatedwith Constraints using DESC command.
- Displaying Data From Multiple Tables: Cartesian product, Union, Intersection and Equi-Join
- ALTER TABLE for
- deleting column(s), modifying data type(s) of column(s),
- adding a constraint, enabling constraints, dropping constraints.
- DROP Table for deleting a table
400 IT Applications
- Front-end Interface: Introduction; content and features; identifying and using appropriate component (Text Box, Radio Button, CheckBox, List etc. aslearnt in Unit 2 (Programming)) for data entry, validation and display.
- Back-end Database: Introduction and its purpose, exploring the requirement of tables and its essential attributes.
- Front-End and Database Connectivity: Introduct on, requirement and benefits
- Demonstration and development of appropriate Front-endinterface and Back-end Database for e-Governance,e-Business and e-Learning applications
- Impact of /CT on society: Social, environmental and Economic benefits.
Books For All Subjects
- All-in-One Informatics Practices CBSE for Class 12 (2017-18)
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2019
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2019
- English Core 2005 to 2019
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2019
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2019
- Mathematics 2005 to 2019
- Economics 2005 to 2019
- Business Studies 2005 to 2019
- Accountancy 2005 to 2020
- Entrepreneurship 2010 to 2019