Topics with syllabus and resources
(i) Growth & Development - Domains and principles.
(ii) Meaning,characteristics and needs.
(iii) Influences on identity format on
- Biological and Physical changes-early and late maturers. (Role of heredity and environment)
- By social, culture and media.
- Emotional changes.
- Cognitive changes.
(iv) Specific issues and concerns
- Eating disorders-Causes, consequences and management - Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia.
- Substance Abuse
- Related to sex
- Handling stress and peer pressure
(i) Young & middle adulthood: Understanding and management of new responsibilities: Career marriage and family.
(ii) Late Adulthood/Old age:
- Health and Wellness: physical,social,emotional,financial,recreational needs
- Care for elderly (at home and outside - old age home)
- Anger management
(a) Meal Planning:
Meaning and importance, principles and factors affecting meal planning;
Nutritional needs, food preferences and modifications of diets in different age groups:
infants, children, adolescence, adults, elderly and in special conditions: pregnancy and lactation (including traditional foods given in these conditions)
- Use of basic food groups (ICMR) and serving size in meal planning
- Factors influencing selection of food: culture, family food practices, media, peer group, availability of foods, purchasing power, individual preference £t health.
(b) Food safety and quality:
- Safe food handling (personal, storage, kitchen, cooking and serving).
- Safety guards against food adulteration, definition and meaning of food adulteration as given by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India).
- Common adulterants present in cereals, pulses, milk and milk products, fats and oils, sugar, jaggery, honey, spices and condiments.
- Effects of some of the adulterants present in the foods: kesari dal, metanil yellow, argemone seeds.
- Food standards (FPO, Agmark, ISi).
(c) Therapeutic modification of normal diet with respect to consistency, frequency, foodstuffs, nutrients and methods of cooking.
(d) Modification of diet according to common ailments: diarrhoea, fever, jaundice, hypertension, diabetes and constipation. Physiological changes, clinical symptoms, requirements and dietary requirements in each condition.
(i) Income concept
(ii) Various sources of family income:
- realincome (direct and indirect)
- psychic income
(ii) Supplementing family income-need and ways; need and procedure for maintaining household accounts (daily, weekly and monthly).
(i) Meaning and importance of savings.
(ii) Basis for selection ofinvestment methods: risk, security, profit, tax saving.
(iii) Ways/methods of investment -
- Bank schemes (saving,fixed, recurring);
- Post Office schemes (savings, recurring deposit, month y income scheme, National saving certificate, Senior citzen scheme);
- Insurance schemes (wholeife, mediclaim);
- Public Provident Fund (PPF), Provident Fund (PF).
(iv) Consumer Protect on and Education: Meaning, problems faced by consumer, Consumer Protection Amendment Act (2011); Consumer aids:labels, standardization marks, (ECO Mark, Hallmark, Wool mark, Silk mark), advert sing, leaflets, and Consumer redressal forum, Internet.
- Application of elements of art and principles of designin designing apparel.
- Selection and purchase of fabrics- purpose, cost, season, quality, durability, ease of maintenance and comfort.
- Select on of apparel- factorsinfluencing selection of apparel- age, size, climate, occupation, figure, occasion, fashion, drape cost and workmanship.
- Care and maintenance of clothes:
- Cleansingagents - soaps anddetergents (basic differences and their utility);
- Stain removal - General principles of stain removal, stain removalof tea, coffee, lipstick, ball pen, Grease, Curryand Blood
- Storage of clothes.
(i) Water safety: Safe drinking water-importance of potable water for good health and its qualities, simple methods of making water safe for drinking: boiling,filtering (traditional and modern technology), use of alum, chlorine.
(ii) Salient features of income generating schemes
- DWCRA (Development of Women and Childrenin Rural Area)
- MGNREGA (Mahatma GandhiNat onal Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005)
Career options of self and wage employment of various fields of Home Science.
Books For All Subjects
- U-Like Griha Vigyan Class 12
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2019
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2019
- English Core 2005 to 2019
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2019
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2019
- Economics 2005 to 2019
- History 2005 to 2019
- Political Science 2005 to 2019
- Geography 2007 to 2019
- Psychology 2007 to 2019
- Sociology 2007 to 2019
- Philosophy 2010 to 2019