CBSE Syllabus For Class 12 Home Science: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 12. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CBSE Class 12 Home Science syllabus for the academic year 2023-2024 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 12 Home Science Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus pdf 2023-2024. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 12 Home Science in addition to this.
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Revised Syllabus
CBSE Class 12 Home Science and their Unit wise marks distribution
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Course Structure 2023-2024 With Marking Scheme
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus for Human Development - Life Span Approach (Part 2)
(i) Growth & Development - Domains and principles.
(ii) Meaning,characteristics and needs.
(iii) Influences on identity format on
- Biological and Physical changes-early and late maturers. (Role of heredity and environment)
- By social, culture and media.
- Emotional changes.
- Cognitive changes.
(iv) Specific issues and concerns
- Eating disorders-Causes, consequences and management - Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia.
- Substance Abuse
- Related to sex
- Handling stress and peer pressure
(i) Young & middle adulthood: Understanding and management of new responsibilities: Career marriage and family.
(ii) Late Adulthood/Old age:
- Health and Wellness: physical,social,emotional,financial,recreational needs
- Care for elderly (at home and outside - old age home)
- Anger management
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus for Nutrition for Self, Family and Community
(a) Meal Planning:
Meaning and importance, principles and factors affecting meal planning;
Nutritional needs, food preferences and modifications of diets in different age groups:
infants, children, adolescence, adults, elderly and in special conditions: pregnancy and lactation (including traditional foods given in these conditions)
- Use of basic food groups (ICMR) and serving size in meal planning
- Factors influencing selection of food: culture, family food practices, media, peer group, availability of foods, purchasing power, individual preference £t health.
(b) Food safety and quality:
- Safe food handling (personal, storage, kitchen, cooking and serving).
- Safety guards against food adulteration, definition and meaning of food adulteration as given by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India).
- Common adulterants present in cereals, pulses, milk and milk products, fats and oils, sugar, jaggery, honey, spices and condiments.
- Effects of some of the adulterants present in the foods: kesari dal, metanil yellow, argemone seeds.
- Food standards (FPO, Agmark, ISi).
(c) Therapeutic modification of normal diet with respect to consistency, frequency, foodstuffs, nutrients and methods of cooking.
(d) Modification of diet according to common ailments: diarrhoea, fever, jaundice, hypertension, diabetes and constipation. Physiological changes, clinical symptoms, requirements and dietary requirements in each condition.
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus for Money Management and Consumer Education
(i) Income concept
(ii) Various sources of family income:
- realincome (direct and indirect)
- psychic income
(ii) Supplementing family income-need and ways; need and procedure for maintaining household accounts (daily, weekly and monthly).
(i) Meaning and importance of savings.
(ii) Basis for selection ofinvestment methods: risk, security, profit, tax saving.
(iii) Ways/methods of investment -
- Bank schemes (saving,fixed, recurring);
- Post Office schemes (savings, recurring deposit, month y income scheme, National saving certificate, Senior citzen scheme);
- Insurance schemes (wholeife, mediclaim);
- Public Provident Fund (PPF), Provident Fund (PF).
(iv) Consumer Protect on and Education: Meaning, problems faced by consumer, Consumer Protection Amendment Act (2011); Consumer aids:labels, standardization marks, (ECO Mark, Hallmark, Wool mark, Silk mark), advert sing, leaflets, and Consumer redressal forum, Internet.
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus for Apparel - Designing, Selection and Care
- Application of elements of art and principles of designin designing apparel.
- Selection and purchase of fabrics- purpose, cost, season, quality, durability, ease of maintenance and comfort.
- Select on of apparel- factorsinfluencing selection of apparel- age, size, climate, occupation, figure, occasion, fashion, drape cost and workmanship.
- Care and maintenance of clothes:
- Cleansingagents - soaps anddetergents (basic differences and their utility);
- Stain removal - General principles of stain removal, stain removalof tea, coffee, lipstick, ball pen, Grease, Curryand Blood
- Storage of clothes.
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus for Community Development and Extension (Part 2)
(i) Water safety: Safe drinking water-importance of potable water for good health and its qualities, simple methods of making water safe for drinking: boiling,filtering (traditional and modern technology), use of alum, chlorine.
(ii) Salient features of income generating schemes
- DWCRA (Development of Women and Childrenin Rural Area)
- MGNREGA (Mahatma GandhiNat onal Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005)
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus for Career Options After Home Science Education
Career options of self and wage employment of various fields of Home Science.
Textbook Solutions For All Subjects
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2023
- English Core 2005 to 2023
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2023
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2023
- Mathematics 2005 to 2023
- Physics 2005 to 2023
- Chemistry 2005 to 2023
- Biology 2005 to 2023
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2023
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2019