Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Growth and Development in Humans
- Growth and development of children(0-3years): Important milestones in physical, motor, social, emotional and language development.
- Physical, social and emotional needs of children.
- Play (0-5 years); role of play in growth and development of children, Types of play- active, passive, natural, serious and exploratory. Selection of play material for children.
- Types of resources- Human (energy, time, knowledge and skill) and Non -Human (money, material goods and community resources).
- General characteristics of resources.
- Optimum use of resources: personal and shared.
300.00 Food Hygiene
- Principles of hygienic handling of food, including serving of food.
- Hygiene in kitchen
- Personal hygiene of food handler
- Hygiene during food storage
400.00 Therapeutic Adaptation of Normal Diet
- Concept, adaptation based on consistency and cooking methods.
- Preferring and avoiding certain food stuffs in specific physiological conditions: Obesity, fever, diarrhoea, constipation, diabetes, and hypertension.
500.00 Apparel and Fabric Selection
- Apparel selection according to cost, Age, complexion, size, figure and comfort.
- Workmanship of readymade garments, checking labels for assessing quality and care instructions.
600.00 Meal Planning
- Factors affecting meal planning: age, sex, climate, occupation, cost of food items, number of family members, occasion, availability of food, family traditions, likes and dislikes.
- Basic food groups ,use of food groups in planning balanced diet
- RDA as suggested by ICMR.
700.00 Time, Energy and Money Management
- Need of managing resources.
- Time plans- factors affecting time plan
- Fatigue, ways to reduce fatigue
- Work simplification methods at home.
- Family income and types
- Expenditure and importance of saving and investment.
800.00 Consumer Education
- Malpractices of traders: price variation, poor quality, adulteration, faulty weights and measures, non-availability of goods, misleading information, lack of standardized products.
- Aids to help consumers: standardization marks, labels, advertisements, pamphlets.
900.00 Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel
- Cleaning and finishing agents used in routine care of clothes.
- Stain removal
- Storage of cotton, silk, wool and synthetics.
1000.00 Childhood, Adolescence and Adulthood
- Special features of childhood, adolescence and adulthood
- Old age: needs and care
Books For All Subjects
- EAD Science Term 2 - 10
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English - Communicative 2010 to 2019
- English - Language and Literature 2010 to 2020
- Mathematics 2010 to 2019
- Science 2009 to 2020
- Social Science 2010 to 2019
- Information and Communication Technology 2016 to 2019