CBSE Syllabus For Class 10 Home Science: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 10. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CBSE Class 10 Home Science syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 10 Home Science Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 10 Home Science in addition to this.
CBSE Class 10 Home Science Revised Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 Home Science and their Unit wise marks distribution
CBSE Class 10 Home Science Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|100||Growth and Development in Humans|
|400||Therapeutic Adaptation of Normal Diet|
|500||Apparel and Fabric Selection|
|700||Time, Energy and Money Management|
|900||Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel|
|1000||Childhood, Adolescence and Adulthood|
- Growth and development of children(0-3years): Important milestones in physical, motor, social, emotional and language development.
- Physical, social and emotional needs of children.
- Play (0-5 years); role of play in growth and development of children, Types of play- active, passive, natural, serious and exploratory. Selection of play material for children.
- Types of resources- Human (energy, time, knowledge and skill) and Non -Human (money, material goods and community resources).
- General characteristics of resources.
- Optimum use of resources: personal and shared.
- Principles of hygienic handling of food, including serving of food.
- Hygiene in kitchen
- Personal hygiene of food handler
- Hygiene during food storage
- Concept, adaptation based on consistency and cooking methods.
- Preferring and avoiding certain food stuffs in specific physiological conditions: Obesity, fever, diarrhoea, constipation, diabetes, and hypertension.
- Apparel selection according to cost, Age, complexion, size, figure and comfort.
- Workmanship of readymade garments, checking labels for assessing quality and care instructions.
- Factors affecting meal planning: age, sex, climate, occupation, cost of food items, number of family members, occasion, availability of food, family traditions, likes and dislikes.
- Basic food groups ,use of food groups in planning balanced diet
- RDA as suggested by ICMR.
- Need of managing resources.
- Time plans- factors affecting time plan
- Fatigue, ways to reduce fatigue
- Work simplification methods at home.
- Family income and types
- Expenditure and importance of saving and investment.
- Malpractices of traders: price variation, poor quality, adulteration, faulty weights and measures, non-availability of goods, misleading information, lack of standardized products.
- Aids to help consumers: standardization marks, labels, advertisements, pamphlets.
- Cleaning and finishing agents used in routine care of clothes.
- Stain removal
- Storage of cotton, silk, wool and synthetics.
- Special features of childhood, adolescence and adulthood
- Old age: needs and care
Books For All Subjects
- EAD Science Term 2 - 10
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English - Communicative 2010 to 2019
- English - Language and Literature 2010 to 2020
- Mathematics 2010 to 2019
- Science 2009 to 2020
- Social Science 2010 to 2019
- Information and Communication Technology 2016 to 2019