CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 9. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CBSE Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CBSE Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology in addition to this.
CBSE Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology Revised Syllabus
CBSE Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology and their Unit wise marks distribution
CBSE Class 9 Foundation of Information Technology Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Convergence of Technologies: Computer, Communication and Content Technologies.
- Computer System: Characteristics of a computer, components of a computer system – CPU (CU & ALU), Memory, Storage Devices and I/O Devices
- Memory: Primary (RAM & ROM) and Secondary Memory.
- Units of Memory: Byte, Kilobyte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte, I/O Devices - Keyboard, Mouse, Printer, Joystick, Scanner, Microphone, OCR, MICR, Light Pen, Barcode Reader, Digital Camera, Web Camera, Speaker, Plotter
- Storage Devices: Hard Disk, CD ROM, DVD, Pen/Flash Drive, Memory Stick
- Types of Software: System Software (Operating System), Application Software (General purpose application software - Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Database Management; Specific purpose application software - Accounting Management, Reservation System, HR Management, Attendance System, Payroll System, Inventory Control System, Billing System) and Utility Software (Disk/Folder/ Files Management, Virus Scanner/Cleaner, Encryption/Decryption Tools)
- Communication Technology
- Computer Networking - LAN, MAN, WAN, Internet, Interspace
- Wired Networking Technology; examples Co-axial Cable, Ethernet Cable, Optical Fiber
- Wireless Networking Technology, examples, Bluetooth, Infrared and WiFi
- Content Technology
- Data, Information and Multimedia (Picture/Image, Audio, Video, Animation)
Operating System - Basic concepts of Operating System, Operating System: Need for operating system, Functions of Operating System (Processor Management, Memory Management, File Management and Device Management), Types of operating system - Interactive (GUI based), Real Time and Distributed; Commonly used operating systems: UNIX, LINUX, Windows, Solaris, BOSS (Bharat Operating System Solutions); Mobile OS - Android, Symbian.
Introduction to Windows: Basic components of a GUI Window: Desktop, Frame, Title Bar, Menu Bar, Status Bar, Scroll Bars (Horizontal and Vertical), Basic operations of left and right buttons of mouse, Creating Shortcut, Basic Tools: Text Editor, Painting Tool, Calculator, using Mouse and moving icons on the screen, Task Bar, Different types of menu and menu selection, running an application, setting system date and time; viewing files, concept of folders and directories, creating/moving/ renaming/ deleting files and folders, opening and closing Windows, Minimise, Restore and Maximise forms of windows.
Word Processing Tool: Introduction to a Word Processor. Creating and Saving a document. Editing and Formatting a Document: Text Style (B, I, U), Font Type, Size, changing color, alignment of text. Formatting paragraphs with line and/or paragraph spacing. Adding headers and footers, numbering pages, using grammar and spell check utilities, using subscript and superscript, inserting symbols, Print Preview, Printing a document. Inserting Pictures, Page Setting, Bullets and Numbering, Borders and Shading, Format Painter/Paintbrush, Find and Replace, Inserting Tables: inserting, deleting rows and columns, merging cells, splitting cells.
Presentation Tool: Introduction to Presentation Graphics, Understanding the concept of Slide Shows, Basic elements of a slide, Different types of Slide Layouts, Creating and saving a Presentation, Different views of a slide: Normal view, Slide Sorter view and Slide Show, Editing and Formatting a slide: Adding Titles, Subtitles, Text, Background, Watermark; Headers and Footers, Numbering Slides; Printing Slides Handouts, Inserting pictures from files, Animating pictures and Text with Sound Effects, Timing Text box, Pictures and Slides, Rehearse Timings, Ungrouping and Grouping Objects (like text, picture).
Introduction to Spreadsheets, Concept of Worksheets and Workbooks, Creating and Saving a worksheet. Working with a spreadsheet: entering numbers, text, date/time, series using Auto Fill, Editing and formatting a worksheet including changing colour, size, font, alignment of text, Inserting or Deleting cells, rows and columns, Formula-Entering a formula in a cell, using operators(+,-,*,/) in formulae, Relative referencing, Absolute referencing and mixed referencing, Printing a worksheet. Use simple Statistical functions: SUM(), AVERAGE(), MAX(), MIN(), IF() (without compound statements); Inserting tables in worksheet, Embedding Charts of various types: Line, Pie, Scatter, Bar and Area in a worksheet.
Word Processing Tool: Using auto-format, mail merge, track changes, review comments, insertion of drawing tools, shapes and mathematical symbols.
Students are suggested to work on the following areas using Word Processing.
Multi Lingual Documentation:
- Letter Writing - content, context, addressee
- Report Writing - content, presentation, context
- Greeting Card - design, context, recipient
- Poster Making - design, context, target group
Students are suggested to work on the following areas using Word Processing, Presentation and Spreadsheet Tools.
- Mail-Merge Formal/Informal letter
- School Presentation
- Environment (Save Energy) and Pollution (Global Warming)
- Product Advertisement
- Science and Social Science topic from the course
- Trends in Wireless Computing Analysis Reporting:
- School/Class Result with student-wise and subject-wise marks
- Cricket Score Record
- Weather Forecasting Report
- Benefits of ICT in Education, Healthcare, Governance, Business, Design and Manufacturing Plagiarism, Privacy, Security and Integrity of Information; Intellectual Property Rights, Careers in IT.