CBSE Syllabus For Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा]. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CBSE Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CBSE Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature in addition to this.
CBSE Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature Revised Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature and their Unit wise marks distribution
CBSE Class 10 [१० वीं कक्षा] English - Language and Literature Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Q1-2 This section will have two unseen passages of a total length of 700-750. The arrangement within the reading section is as follows:
- Q.1: A Factual passage of 300-350 words with eight very short answer type questions. (8 marks)
- Q.2: A Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four short answer type questions to test inference, evaluation and analysis and four MCQs to test vocabulary. (12 marks)
Q.3 Letter to the editor /article in about 100-120 words will make use of any visual/ verbal stimulus and the question will be thematically based on the MCB. (5 marks)
Q.4 Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
The Grammar syllabus will include the following areas in classes IX and X.
2. Modals (have to/had to, must, should, need, ought to and their negative forms)
3. Use of passive voice
4. Subject – verb concord
- Commands and requests
- Noun clauses
- Adverb clauses of condition and time
- Relative clauses
7. Determiners, and
The above items may be tested through test types as given below:
Q.5 Gap filling with one or two words to test Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions and Tenses. (3 marks)
Q.6 Editing or omission. (4 marks)
Q.7 Sentences reordering or Sentence Transformation in context. (3 marks)
- Q.8 One out of two extracts from prose/poetry/drama for reference to context. Three very short answer questions. (3 marks)
- One mark in each extract will be for vocabulary. One question will be used for testing local and global comprehension and one question will be on interpretation.
- Q.9 Four short answer type questions from FIRST FLIGHT AND FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET (two from each to test local and global comprehension of theme and ideas (30- 40 words each) (2x4=08 marks)
- Q.10 One out of two long answer type questions to assess how the values inherent in the texts have been brought out (FIRST FLIGHT AND FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET) creativity, imagination and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts, will be assessed. (80-100 words). (4 marks)
- Q.11:One out of two Long Answer Questions on theme, plot or character involving interpretation and inference in about 150-200 words based on prescribed extended reading text. (10 marks)