CBSE Syllabus For Class 12 English Core: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 12. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CBSE Class 12 English Core syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 12 English Core Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 12 English Core in addition to this.
CBSE Class 12 English Core Revised Syllabus
CBSE Class 12 English Core and their Unit wise marks distribution
CBSE Class 12 English Core Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Two unseen passages with a variety of very short answer I short answer or MCQ type questions to test comprehension, interpretation and inference. Vocabulary such as word formation and inference of meaning will also be tested.
The total length of the two passages will be between 1100 - 1200 words. The passage will include two of the following:
a) Factual passages, e.g., instructions, descriptions, reports.
b) Descriptive passages involving opinion, e.g., argumentative, persuasive or interpretative text.
c) Literary passages, e.g., extract from fiction, drama, poetry, essay or biography. A poem could be of 28-35 Lines.
• The passages can be Literary, factual or discursive to test comprehensions. The length of one passage should be between 600-700 words.
• A third passage of 400-500 words for note-making and abstraction.
- Short Answer Questions, e.g., advertisement and notices, designing or drafting posters, writing formal
and informal invitations and replies.
• Long Answer Questions: Letters based on verbal I visual input.
Letter types include
• Business or official letters (for making enqumes, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders and sending replies)
• Letters to the editor (giving suggestions or opinion on issues of public interest)
• Application for a job
Very Long Answer Questions: Two compositions based on visual and/or verbal Input may be descriptive or argumentative in nature such as an article, a debate, a speech or a report
- Flamingo and Vistas
• Very Short Answer Questions - Based on an extract from poetry to test comprehension and
• Short Answer Questions - Based on prose I drama I poetry from both the texts.
- Long Answer Question - Based on texts to test global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the
texts to bring out the key messages and values.
Long Answer Question - Based on texts to test global comprehension along with analysis and
Long Answer Question - Based on theme, plot and incidents from the prescribed novels.
Long Answer Question - Based on understanding appreciation, analysis and interpretation of the
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2019
- English Core 2005 to 2019
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2019
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2019
- Mathematics 2005 to 2019
- Physics 2005 to 2020
- Chemistry 2005 to 2019
- Biology 2005 to 2019
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2019
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2019