CBSE Syllabus For Class 11 English Core: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 11. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CBSE Class 11 English Core syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 11 English Core Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CBSE Class 11 English Core Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 11 English Core in addition to this.
- Very short answer +/ Short answer and MCQ. type questions:
Two unseen passages (including poems) with a variety of questions including 04 marks for vocabulary
such as word formation and inferring meaning. The total range of the 2 passages including a poem or a stanza, should be around 900-1000 words.
1. 550-600 words in length (for note-making and summarising)
2. 350-400 words in length (to test comprehension, interpretation and inference) An unseen poem of about 28-35 lines.
The passages could be of any one of the following types:
• Factual passages, e_g., illustrations, description, reports
• Discursive passages involving opinion, e.g., argumentative, persuasive
• Literary passages e.g. extracts from fiction, biography, autobiography, travelogue, etc. In the case of a poem, the text may be shorter than the prescribed word limit.
Short Answer Questions: Based on notice/ poster I advertisement
• Long Answer Questions: Letters based on verbal/visual input. It would cover all types of letters.
• Letter types may include:
(a) business or official letters (for making enquiries, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders and sending replies)
(b) letters to the editor (giving suggestions/opinions on an issue)
(c) application for a job with a bio-data or resume
(d) letter to the school or college authorities, regarding admissions, school issues, requirements /suitability of courses, etc.
• Very Long Answer Question: Composition in the form of article, speech, report writing or a narrative
Different grammatical structures in meaningful contexts will be tested. Item types will include gap filling, sentence re-ordering, dialogue completion and sentence transformation. The grammar syllabus will include determiners, tenses, clauses, modals and Change of Voice. These grammar areas will be tested using the following short answer type and MCQ. type questions.
• Error Correction, editing tasks,
• Re - ordering of sentences,
• Transformation of sentences