Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Plane Geometry
- Printing Engltsh alphabets (capital and small) numerals fn standard proportions.
- Construction of lines, angles and their divisions. Simple questions based on triangles, square,rhombus, trapeziums, regular polygons-pentagon, hexagon and octagon.
- Construction of circles, external and internal tangents of circles, inscribing, circumscribing circles in equilateral triangle, square, rhombus, regular polygons-pentagon, hexagon and octagon.
- Construction of Engineering curves:
(a) Ellipses by concentric circles, intersecting arcs and intersecting lines.
(b) Parabola by intersecting lines and intersecting arcs.
(c) Involute of a circle, cycloid, helix and sine curve.
200.00 Solid Geometry
- Methods of orthographic projections and dimensioning strictly as per SP: 46- 2003 revised conventions. Projection of points, lines.
- Orthographic projections of Regular Plane figures - triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, circle and semi-circle.
- Orthographic projections of right regular solids such as cubes, prisms and pyramid (square, triangular, pentagonal and hexagonal), cones, cylinders, spheres, hemi-spheres and frustum of pyramids and cone when they are kept with their axis (a) perpendicular, to HP/VP (b) parallel to one plane and inclined to the other (c) parallel to HP and VP both.
- Section of solids under the same conditions mentioned above made by the horizontal, vertical and
300.00 Machine Drawing
- Orthographic projections of simple machine blocks.
- Construction of isometric scale showing main divisions of 1 O mm and smaller divisions of 1 mm each. Isometric projection (drawn to isometric scale) of figures such as triangles, squares, pentagons, hexagons, circles and semi-circles with their surface parallel to HP or VP and its one side or diagonal or diameter should be either parallel or perpendicular to HP/VP.
- Development of the surfaces of following solids
- 1. Cube, cuboid, prisms-triangular, square, pentagonal and hexagonal.
- 2. Pyramids (triangular, square, pentagonal and hexagonal).
- 3. Right circular cylinder and cone.