CBSE Syllabus For Class 12 Computer Science (Python): Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 12. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CBSE Class 12 Computer Science (Python) syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 12 Computer Science (Python) Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CBSE Class 12 Computer Science (Python) Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 12 Computer Science (Python) in addition to this.
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science (Python) Revised Syllabus
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science (Python) and their Unit wise marks distribution
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science (Python) Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Concept of Object Oriented Programming with Python
- Data Hiding in Python
- Data Encapsulation in Python
- Class and Object in Python
- Polymorphism in Python
- Inheritance in Python
- Advantages of Object Oriented Programming Over Earlier Programming Methodologies in Python
- Defining Classes (Attributes, Methods)
- Creating Instance Objects
- Accessing Attributes and Methods
- Using Built in Class Attributes (Dict, Doc, Name, Module, Bases)
- Constructor(_Init()_ _, _ _Del()_ _ and _ _ Str()_ _) Methods in a Class
- Private Attributes (Limited Support)
- Importance of "Self" (Acts as a Pointer to Current Calling Object) Operator Overloading with Methods
- Concept of Base Class and Derived Class
- Single, Multilevel and Multiple Inheritance
- Overriding Methods
- Using Super() in Derived Class to Invoke _ _Init()_ _ Or Overridden Methods of Parent Class
Concept of Object Oriented Programming:- Data Hiding, Data Encapsulation, Class and Object, Polymorphism, inheritance, advantages of Object Oriented Programming over earlier programming methodologies,
Classes:- Defining classes (attributes, methods), creating instance objects, accessing attributes and methods, using built in class attributes (dict, doc, name, module, bases), Constructor( _ _init()_ _, _ _del()_ _ and _ _ str()_ _) methods in a class, private attributes (limited support), importance of “self” (acts as a pointer to current calling object) operator overloading with methods.
Concept of base class and derived class:- Single, multilevel and multiple inheritance- Overriding methods, using super( ) in derived class to invoke _ _init()_ _ or overridden methods of parent class.
- Linear List Manipulation
- Sequential Allocation
- Insertion of an Element in a Sorted List
- Deletion of an Element from the List
- Searching (Linear, Binary)
- Sorting (Insertion, Selection, Bubble)
- Introduction to Stack in Python (LIFO Operations)
- Operations on Stack (PUSH and POP) and Its Implementation in Python
- Converting Expressions from INFIX to POSTFIX Notation and Evaluation of Postfix Expression in Python
- Queues (List Implementation)
- Introduction to Queue in Python (FIFO)
- Operations on Queue (INSERT and DELETE) and Its Implementation in Python
- Need for Data File in Python
- Types of Data File in Python - Text and Binary
- Opening and Closing Files - Open(), Close()
- Access Modes (Output, Input, Default)
- File Object
- Reading and Writing a File - Read(), Readline(), Readlines(), Write(), Writelines
- File Positions (Seek(), Tell())
- Renaming and Deleting a File.,Flush()
- Searching for Particular Data from a File
- Insertion and Deletion of Data from an Already Existing File
- Modification of Data in File
- Error and Exceptions - NameError, IndexError, TypeError, IO Error, ImportError, ValueError, EOFError
- Generator Function Using Yield
Linear List Manipulation:- Sequential allocation, traversal,insertion of an element in a sorted list, deletion of an element from the list, searching (linear, binary), sorting (insertion, selection, bubble).
Stacks (List Implementation):- Introduction to stack (LIFO Operations ), operations on stack (PUSH and POP) and its implementation in python.
Converting expression from infix to postfix notation and evaluation of postfix expression.
Queues (List implementation) - Introduction to Queue(FIFO) , Operations on Queue (INSERT and DELETE) and its implementation in Python.
Need for data file, types of data file–text and binary,opening and closing files-open( ), close( ), access modes (output, input, default), file object, access_modes, reading and writing a file read(), readline(), readlines(), write(), writelines file positions (seek(), tell()), renaming and deleting a file.,flush();
Implementation of basic file operations on text and binary file in Python:- Creating/writing data into file, reading and displaying data from file, searching for particular data from a file, insertion and deletion of data from an already existing file, modification of data in file.
Error and Exceptions - NameError, IndexError, TypeError, IO Error, ImportError, ValueError, EOFError.
Generator function using Yield.
- Introduction to Data Base Concepts and Its Need in Python
- Relational Data Model
Concept of domain, tuple, relation, key, primary key, alternate key, candidate key
- Relational Algebra - Selection, Projection, Union and Cartesian Product
- Structured Query Language Advantages of Using SQL
- Data Definition Language and Data Manipulation Language
- Data Types - NUMBER/DECIMAL, CHARACTER/VARCHAR/VARCHAR2, DATE
- SQL COMMANDS - CREATE TABLE, DROP TABLE, ALTER TABLE, UPDATE ….SET…., INSERT, DELETE; SELECT, DISTINCT, FROM, WHERE, IN, BETWEEN, GROUP BY, HAVING, ORDER BY
- SQL functions - SUM ( ), AVG ( ), COUNT ( ), MAX ( ) AND MIN ( )
- Obtaining Results (Select Query) from 2 Tables Using equi-join
- Cartesian Product and Union
Data base Concepts:- Introduction to data base concepts and its need.
Relational data model:- Concept of domain, tuple, relation, key, primary key, alternate key, candidate key;
Relational algebra:- Selection, Projection, Union and Cartesian product;
Structured Query Language:-
General Concepts:- Advantages of using SQL, Data Definition Language and Data Manipulation Language;
Data Types:- NUMBER/DECIMAL, CHARACTER/VARCHAR/VARCHAR2, DATE;
SQL COMMANDS:- CREATE TABLE, DROP TABLE, ALTER TABLE, UPDATE ….SET…., INSERT, DELETE; SELECT, DISTINCT, FROM, WHERE, IN, BETWEEN, GROUP BY, HAVING, ORDER BY;
SQL functions:- SUM ( ), AVG ( ), COUNT ( ), MAX ( ) AND MIN ( ); Obtaining results (SELECT query) from 2 tables using equi-join, Cartesian product and Union
Note:- Implementation of the above mentioned commands could be done on any SQL supported software on one or two tables.
- Binary-valued Quantities
- Boolean Variable
- Boolean Constant and Boolean Operators - AND, OR, NOT
- Truth Tables (Boolean Algebra)
- Closure Property
- Commutative Law
- Associative Law
- Identity Law
- Inverse Law
- Principle of Duality
- Idempotent Law
- Distributive Law
- Absorption Law
- Involution Law
- DeMorgan’S Law/Theorem and Their Applications
- Obtaining Sum of Product (SOP) and Product of Sum (POS) Form the Truth Table
- Reducing Boolean Expression (SOP and POS) to Its Minimal Form
- Use of Karnaugh Map for Minimization of Boolean Expressions (Up to 4 Variables)
- Application of Boolean Logic - Digital Electronic Circuit Design Using Basic Logic Gates (NOT, AND, OR, NAND, NOR)
- Use of Boolean Operators (NOT, AND, OR) in SQL SELECT Statements
- Use of Boolean Operators (AND, OR) in Search Engine Queries
Role of Logical Operations in Computing.
Binary-valued Quantities, Boolean Variable, Boolean Constant and Boolean Operators: AND, OR, NOT; Truth Tables; Closure Property, Commutative Law, Associative Law, Identity law, Inverse Law, Principle of Duality, Idempotent Law, Distributive Law, Absorption Law, Involution Law, DeMorgan’s Law and their applications;
Obtaining Sum of Product (SOP) and Product of Sum (POS) form the Truth Table, Reducing Boolean Expression (SOP and POS) to its minimal form, Use of Karnaugh Map for minimization of Boolean expressions (up to 4 variables);
Application of Boolean Logic: Digital electronic circuit design using basic Logic Gates (NOT, AND, OR, NAND, NOR)
Use of Boolean operators (NOT, AND, OR) in SQL SELECT statements
Use of Boolean operators (AND, OR) in search engine queries.
- Evolution of Networking
- Interspace Different Ways of Sending Data Across the Network with Reference to Switching Techniques (Circuit and Packet Switching)
- Data Communication Terminologies
- Concept of Channel
- Bandwidth (Hz, KHz, MHz) and Data Transfer Rate (Bps, Kbps, Mbps, Gbps, Tbps)
- Twisted Pair Cable
- Coaxial Cable
- Optical Fiber
- Radio Link
- Microwave Link
- Satellite Link
- Network Devices - Modem, RJ45 Connector, Ethernet Card, Router, Switch, Gateway, Wifi Card
- Network Topologies and Types - Bus, Star, Tree, PAN, LAN, WAN, MAN
- Network Protocol - TCP/IP
- Network Protocol - File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Network Protocol - PPP
- Network Protocol - SMTP
- Network Protocol - POP3 Remote Login (Talent)
- Internet Wireless/Mobile Communication Protocol - GSM, CDMA, GPRS, and WLL
- Mobile Telecommunication Technologies - 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G
- Mobile Processors
- Electronic Mail Protocols Such as SMTP, POP3
- Protocols for Chat and Video Conferencing VOIP
- Wireless Technologies Such as Wi-Fi and WiMax
- Threats and Prevention from Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horse, Spam
- Protection Using Firewall
- India IT Act
- Cyber Law
- Cyber Crimes
- IPR Issues
- Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Domain Names
- Web Browser
- Web Servers
- Web Hosting
- Web Scripting - Client Side (VB Script, Java Script, PHP)
- Server Side (ASP, JSP, PHP)
- Web 2.0 (For Social Networking)
- E-commerce Payment Transactions Using Online Banking
- Mobile Banking and Payment Apps and Services
Evolution of Networking:- ARPANET, Internet, Interspace Different ways of sending data across the network with reference to switching techniques (Circuit and Packet switching).
Data Communication terminologies:- Concept of Channel, Bandwidth (Hz, KHz, MHz) and Data transfer rate (bps, Kbps, Mbps, Gbps, Tbps).
Transmission media:- Twisted pair cable, coaxial cable, optical fiber, infrared, radio link, microwave link and satellite link.
Network devices:- Modem, RJ45 connector, Ethernet Card, Router, Switch, Gateway, wifi card.
Network Topologies and types:- Bus, Star, Tree, PAN, LAN, WAN, MAN.
Network Protocol:- TCP/IP, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), PPP, SMTP, POP3 Remote Login (Talent), and Internet Wireless/Mobile Communication protocol such as GSM, CDMA, GPRS, and WLL.
Mobile Telecommunication Technologies:- 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G; Mobile processors;
Electronic mail protocols such as SMTP, POP3
Protocols for Chat and Video Conferencing VOIP
Wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi and WiMax
Network Security Concepts:-
Threats and prevention from Viruses, Worms, Trojan horse, Spams
India IT Act, Cyber Law, Cyber Crimes, IPR issues, hacking.
Introduction To Web services:- WWW, Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), Extensible Markup Language (XML); Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP); Domain Names; URL; Website, Web browser, Web Servers; Web Hosting, Web Scripting – Client side (VB Script, Java Script, PHP) and Server side (ASP, JSP, PHP), Web 2.0 (for social networking)
E-commerce payment transactions using online banking, mobile banking and payment apps and services.
Textbook Solutions For All Subjects
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2019
- English Core 2005 to 2019
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2019
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2019
- Mathematics 2005 to 2019
- Physics 2005 to 2020
- Chemistry 2005 to 2019
- Biology 2005 to 2019
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2019
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2019