Yashwant gives different amounts of time as shown below, to different exercises he does during the week. Draw a bar graph to show the details of his schedule using an appropriate scale.
|Type of exercise||Running||Yogasanas||Cycling||Mountaineering||Badminton|
|Time||35 Minutes||50 minutes||1 hr 10 min||`1 1/2` hours||45 minutes|
Steps to draw the bar graph:
(1) In the centre of the graph paper, write the title "Exercises and time".
(2) Draw the X-axis and Y-axis, and mark O, their point of intersection.
(3) Write the type of exercise on the X-axis at equal distances.
(4) The time is taken on the Y-axis.
(5) Write the scale in the top right-hand corner i.e. 1 cm = 10 minutes on the Y-axis.
Here, `1 1/2` hours = 1 hour 30 minutes = 90 minutes, 1 hr 10 min = 70 minutes (1 hour = 60 minutes)
(6) Draw a bar of the appropriate height above the type of each exercise on the X-axis.