Write three differences between graphite and diamond.
Difference between diamond and graphite.
- Pure diamond is colourless and transparent.
- It is the hardest naturally occurring substance.
- It has high density i.e. 3.5 g/cm3
- It is bad conduct of electricity.
- It bums in air at 900°C to form carbon dioxide.
- Graphite is greyish black opaque and shiny.
- It is soft and greasy to touch.
- It has low density i.e. 2.39 g / cm3
- It is good conductor of electricity.
- It bums in air at 700° C to form carbon dioxide.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Write Three Differences Between Graphite and Diamond. Concept: Uses of Diamond, Graphite, Coke, Coal, Soot.