Write a short note.
Responsive cooperation policy of lokmanya Tilak
- The First World War had put the British in a difficult situation.
- Lokmanya Tilak proposed that it was the right time for Indians to take advantage of the situation resulted because of the war and ask for independence.
- The Governor of Bombay called a meeting of Indian leaders for help.
- Lokmanya Tilak in very clear terms told the British that the Indian soldiers would be sent to fight if only, the British Government promise ‘Swaraj’.
- This policy of Lokmanya Tilak is known as ‘Responsive Co-operation’.
Concept: 'Moderates' and 'Extremists'
Is there an error in this question or solution?