Write the short note on:
Western Ghats: Natural vegetation
- The high rainfall, hot and humid climate which leads to deep weathering has favoured luxurient growth of natural vegetation in the Western Ghats. A portion of the south Sahyadri is gifted with tropical rain forests.
- In these forest trees like Mahogany, Teak, Ain, Bamboo, etc. are found. Eucalyptus and teak are seen in the plantation forests.
- In the Central Ghats, dense forest areas are located in some parts.
- The trees like Anjan, Kanchan, mango, jackfruits, cashew nut, etc. dominate the landscape in the Konkan region.
- The Western Ghats is one of the biodiversity hot spots and includes 7 national parks and 39 wildlife sanctuaries.
Concept: Concept for Maharashtra Plateau
Is there an error in this question or solution?