Write the steps you would suggest to be undertaken to obtain a foreign-gene-product.
Recombinant DNA technology is used to obtain foreign gene product.
It involves following steps-
1. Identification and isolation of gene of interest
2. Adding or ligating the gene of interest into suitable vector, resulting in formation of a complete recombinant DNA molecule
3. Transfer of this recombinant DNA molecule into suitable host cell
4. Selection of recombinants and non-recombinant cells
5. Expression of gene of interest by culturing recombinant cells under suitable conditions
6. Culturing of cells in bioreactors for large scale production of desired product