Write short notes.
Social benefits of culture
- Fundamental benefits: Culture enables one to express creativity and produce individual identity. It also provides emotionally and intellectually stimulating experiences. It is a source of leisure, entertainment, learning, and sharing experiences.
- Aids better health and well-being: Cultural participation is associated with a positive impact on mental and physical health. It also relieves isolation and promotes identity formation.
- Improved learning and valuable skills for the future: Culture enables children and youth to improve educational outcomes by developing thinking skills, building self-esteem, and improving resilience. It also improves workforce skills.
- Social solidarity and cohesion: Cultural activities bring people together and thereby, develop social solidarity and cohesion. It also encourages social inclusion, community empowerment, civic pride, and tolerance. Social networks built through culture generate economic benefits. Cultural heritage tells about the shared past and promotes the feeling of pride and a sense of belonging.
- Other benefits: Cultural tourism creates job opportunities and promotes infrastructure development
Concept: Concept of Culture
Is there an error in this question or solution?