Write short notes.
- The Chinese monks like Fa-Hien, Yuan Chwang, who travelled through India have described the Buddhist viharas and stupas in India.
- There are numerous remains of viharas and stupas in Afghanistan. Among them, a place called 'Shahji-ki-Dheri' near Peshawar in Pakistan was excavated.
- This stupa was built during Kanishka's period.
- It is also known as 'Kanishaka's Stupa'. According to the prevailing tradition, the sacred remains in the box (karandaka) found there are of Gautama Buddha.
- The box has an inscription. It also mentions the name 'Agnishala', the main supervisor of the building work of 'Kanishka Vihara'.
- This box is in the Peshawar museum at present.
Is there an error in this question or solution?