Answer in Brief
Write short notes on
- Television is an audio-visual medium. It is also the most popular medium.
- It telecasts news, mythological and historical serials, various competitions like singing, dancing, etc.
- The ‘Delhi Doordarshan Centre’ was inaugurated by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.
- On 1st May, 1972, Doordarshan’s Mumbai centre began to telecast its programmes.
- On 15th August, 1982, colour television was introduced in India.
- In 1991, government granted permission to private and international channels to telecast in India.
- It overcomes the limitations of a radio & newspaper and shows the actual visuals of an event to people.
- It provides entertainment and relaxation.
- It enables people to view the historical, geographic and cultural wonders of the world by just sitting at home.
- It enables people to know the current events.
Concept: History of Mass Media
Is there an error in this question or solution?