Write short notes.
- The Palestinian city of J ericho, on the banks of the river Jordan, is the first neolithic permanent settle' in 9000 B.C.E.
- It started getting organised into a well-knit society by about 8000 B.C.E.
- The village had a protective wall around it, with a watch tower, giving evidence of an organised society.
- It is proved that cultivation began in Jericho, as discovered at Gilgal a site near Jericho.
- Laboratory analysis have proved that neolithic people had systematically planted fig cuttings.
- This stands to be the first attempt of planned cultivation.
Is there an error in this question or solution?