Write short notes:
Naneghat – ancient trade route in Maharashtra
- Naneghat is a mountain pass on the ancient trade route in Maharashtra.
- This route connects the ancient town of 'Jirnanagar' (Junnar) and the Kokan province.
- Sopara and Kalyan were the most important trade centres in ancient Maharashtra.
- Internal as well as foreign trade was carried on from these towns.
- Goods imported from Rome were unloaded at Sopara and from there it was carried over to Paithan and Kolhapur.
Is there an error in this question or solution?