Answer in Brief
Write short notes
- The reign of the three emperors, Akbar, Jahangir and Shahjahan was a period of peace, order and prosperity. Arts flourish when there is stability.
- A new era began in the field of art and architecture.
- The etched designs on the marble walls of mosques, tombs and palaces are an evidence of the highly advanced styles of art and architecture.
- The influence of Persian style of architecture was more prominent till Akbar's period.
- In the later period it evolved by absorbing Indian elements, which came to be known as 'IndoIslamic' style of architecture.
- During the period of Akbar and Jahangir, the art of ivory carving received royal patronage.
- The Mughal paintings originated from the Persian styles of painting.
- There are miniature paintings of Persian style in the manuscript of 'Baburnama'. The art of painting received encouragement during the period of Akbar. He appointed skilled painters in his court.
- During the period of Jahangir, paintings were done based on the court and hunting scenes. The paintings of this period were done in a more realistic style, which is vibrant and attractive. These paintings, portray birds and animals, cloud formations, human figures, and natural scenery.
- During the Mughal period, the art of music seems to have received royal patronage.
Concept: Art, Architecture, Literature
Is there an error in this question or solution?