Write short note on the following:
India’s nuclear policy
India’s Nuclear Policy:
- India advocates no first use and reiterates India’s commitment to global verifiable on non-discriminatory nuclear disarmament loading to a nuclear weapon free world.
- Pt. Nehru always promoted ’ science and technology to build a modern India, i.e. initiated nuclear programme in the late 1940s under the guidance of Homi J. Bhoba.
- India was against nuclear weapons, hence pleaded many nuclear disarmament with superpowers.
- India always considered NPT as discriminatory and refused to sign on it.
- Even India’s first Nuclear Test in May 1974 was termed as a peaceful explosion and India argued to use nuclear power for peaceful purposes only.
Concept: India's Nuclear Policy
Is there an error in this question or solution?