Answer in Brief
Write short notes based upon the information known to you.
Darwin’s theory of natural selection
- Darwin is famous for the theory which he published in the book titled 'Origin of Species'.
- Darwin’s theory of natural selection is based on the concept of survival of the fittest.
- Organisms can reproduce prolifically.
- Under limited resources, organisms compete with each other in a life-threatening manner for their survival.
- According to this theory, only those organisms survive which show modifications for winning the competition. The selected organisms then give rise to new species with their specific set of characters.
Concept: Theories of Biological Evolution - Darwin’s Theory of Natural Selection
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video TutorialsVIEW ALL 
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Theories of Biological Evolution - Darwin’s Theory of Natural Selection