Answer in Brief
Write short note on
The role of newspaper in the Indian struggle for independence
- In the pre-independence period, newspapers became the first mass medium of circulating information and knowledge among people.
- It brought about social and national awakening among the people and mobilised them against the oppressive British rule.
- The newspaper Darpan made people aware of certain historical events like remarriage of Hindu widows, the danger of Russian attack on India, etc.
- Dnyanoday shed light on the course of events which took place during the Indian War of Independence, 1857.
- Deenbandhu discussed issues relating to the masses (Bahujan samaj) of that period.
- Kesari and Mahratta newspapers threw light on the social and political issues of the contemporary period.
Concept: History of Mass Media
Is there an error in this question or solution?