Answer in Brief
Write short note on
Mass Media and professional opportunities.
Mass media is a field of mass communication. Newspaper, radio and television are some important forms of mass media. The professional opportunities in this field are us follows:
- Knowledge of history is sometimes essential for writing newspaper articles, planning radio programmes and telecasting historical shows and serials. For this people with deep knowledge of history are needed.
- Sometimes newspapers print columns under headings such as – ’50 years ago’ or ‘100 years ago’, etc. These columns help one in understanding the significant social, economic and political events that occurred in the past.
- For conducting discussions on various important occasions like the birth or death anniversaries of important national leaders, anniversaries of historical events, etc., historians are invited as experts by Akashvani.
- Television channels like Discovery, National Geographic, History, etc., take the help of historians while making the programmes.
- Moreover, people with deep knowledge of history are required while making television serials and movies. Their knowledge is required to achieve accuracy of stage backdrops for creating backdrop designs of atmosphere, costumes jewellery, make-up, hair styles, weaponory, lingual expression etc., suitable to the times of the theme of the movie.
Concept: Mass Media and Professional Opportunities
Is there an error in this question or solution?