Write a short note on Caste and secularisation.
Caste and Secularisation :-
- In traditional India, caste system operated within the religious framework.
- Belief systems of purity and pollution were centred to its practice. India has seen such formation of caste associations and caste based political parties. They seem to press upon the state their demands.
- Such a changed role of caste has been described as secularisation of caste.
- The traditional social system in India was organised around caste structures and caste identities. In dealing with the relationship between caste and politics, however the doctrinaire moderniser suffers from a serious xenophobia.
- Politicians mobilise caste groupings and identities in order to organise their power.... where there are other types of groups and other bases of association, politicians approach them as well. And as they everywhere change the form of such organizations, they change the form of caste as well.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Write a Short Note on Caste and Secularisation. Concept: How Do We Approach the Study of Sanskritisation, Modernisation, Secularisation and Westernisation.