Write notes on
Importance of Standard Time
Standard time of a country is the time of the country determined legally and is binding on all the regions. It is the harmonisation of different time zones in a geographical area rather than using the solar time. It was established in the 19th century to enable weather forecasting and set railway timings. Some of the importance of following a standard time is:
- It helps in avoiding confusions of time differences that can happen between the extreme points in the same country.
- It helps in properly scheduling the railway and the airway timings.
- It helps in making defined schedules for meeting with the delegates from other foreign countries.
- It helps to coordinate activities and reduces the loss of time incurred n adjusting the time zones.
- It helps to improve communication across the same country.