Write notes on Contents of the share certificate.
Definition: - Section 84 of the companies Act defines share certificate as ‘A certificate, under the common seal of the company, specifying only the shares held by any member, shall be a prima facie evidence of the title of the member of such shares’.
- Name and Address of the registered office of the company.
- Name(s) of the Shareholder(s).
- Serial number of share certificate.
- Number of Share(s) held.
- Number and class of shares. (i.e. whether Preference or equity shares)
- Nominal value and amount paid on each share.
- Distinctive Number(s) of shares.
- Date of issue of Certificate.
- Signature of two directors and one authorized signatory.
- Seal of the company against the affixed revenue stamp.
- The face value of the shares.
- Whether the face value is fully paid or partly paid.
The share certificate is required for the transfer and transmission shares. It is a registered document and not a bearer document. It can be transferred only by following a certain transfer procedure.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Issue of Share Certificate and Share Warrant