Answer in Brief
Write note on
The Indian peninsula
Peninsular region of India
- The area lying to the south of North Indian Plains and tapering towards the Indian Ocean is called Indian Peninsula.
- It consists of many plateaus and hill ranges.
- The Aravalis in the north is the oldest fold mountains here.
- It includes a series of plateaus bordering the plain. The northern part of the peninsula includes Mewad, Malwa, Budelkhand, Baghelkhand and Chota Nagpur plateaus in serials from west to east. While the Deccan plateau is a triangular landmass that lies to the south of the river Narmada.
- The Vindyas and Satpudas ranges lies in the central part whereas the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats are the western and the eastern borders of the Deccan Plateau respectively.
Concept: Physiography of India - The Peninsula
Is there an error in this question or solution?