Write a note on ‘Matrix phase’ of composite material.
- Composite materials are combination of two or more materials with significantly different properties than the original materials.
- Composites are made up of Matrix & Reinforcement.
- Matrix is a continuous phase which holds the reinforcement.
- Matrix is more ductile,soft phase.
- It holds dispersed phase and share load.
- It phases the stress to reinforcement via interface but protects the reinforcement fibers.
- Ex.Concrete: Where cement is matrix and sand,stones are the dispersed phase.
Concept: Composite Materials
Is there an error in this question or solution?