Write in detail about the drainage of North America.
- Many rivers flow across this land and some of them following the valleys are formed by the glaciers.
- The Mississippi and Missouri rivers are the longest rivers in North America.
- The Mackenzie River is the second-largest drainage basin in North America. It has its source from Great Slave Lake and drains into the Arctic Ocean.
- St. Lawrence has its origin in Lake Ontario which flows northeast and drains into the Atlantic Ocean.
- The plateau of the west has been cut deeply by the River Columbia and its tributary which forms many gorges called Canyons. ,
- The most famous is the Grand Canyon cut by the River Colorado which all flows over the plateau of Columbia.
- The River Yukon rising in the northwest of the Western mountain system is frozen for eight months in the year.
- The River Rio Grande flows into the Gulf of Mexico and forms the boundary between USA and Mexico.
- The most important chain consists of five lakes. The biggest is Lake Superior and it is the largest freshwater lake in the world.
- Lake Winnipeg, Great Bear Lake, and Lake Athabasca are some of the other lakes in Canada.
Concept: Drainage in North America
Is there an error in this question or solution?