Write important functions and powers of State Pollution Control Board.
- To plan comprehensive program for the prevention, control or abatement of pollution and secure executions thereof,
- To collect and disseminate information relating to pollution and the prevention, control or abatement thereof,
- To inspect sewage or trade effluent treatment and disposal facilities, and air pollution control systems and to review plans, specification or any other data relating to the treatment plants, disposal systems and air pollution control systems in connection with the consent granted,
- To support and encourage the developments in the fields of pollution control, waste recycle reuse, eco-friendly practices etc.
- To educate and guide the entrepreneurs in improving environment by suggesting appropriate pollution control technologies and techniques
- To create public awareness about the clean and healthy environment and attend to the public complaints regarding pollution.
1. Advise the Central Government on any matter concerning prevention and control of water and air pollution and improvement of the quality of air.
2. Plan and cause to be executed a nation-wide programme for the prevention, control or abatement of water and air pollution.
3. Co-ordinate the activities of the State Board and resolve disputes among them.
4. Provide technical assistance and guidance to the State Boards, carry out and sponsor investigation and research relating to problems of water and air pollution, and for their prevention, control or abatement.
5. Plan and organise training of persons engaged in programme on the prevention, control or abatement of water and air pollution.
6. Organise through mass media, a comprehensive mass awareness programme on the prevention, control or abatement of water and air pollution.
7. Collect, compile and publish technical and statistical data relating to water and air pollution and the measures devised for their effective prevention, control or abatement.
8. Prepare manuals, codes and guidelines relating to treatment and disposal of sewage and trade effluents as well as for stack gas cleaning devices, stacks and ducts.
9. Disseminate information in respect of matters relating to water and air pollution and their prevention and control.
10. Lay down, modify or annul, in consultation with the State Governments concerned, the standards for stream or well, and lay down standards for the quality of air.
11. Perform such other function as may be prescribed by the Government of India.