Write four sequential steps of the procedure of the experiment "Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata".
The steps involved in the preparation of temporary leaf mount to view stomata are:
1. Remove a part of the peel from the lower surface of the leaf and place the peel in a watch glass containing water.
2. Put a few drops of safranin stain in the watch glass and after 2-3 minutes, approximately take out the peel and place it on a clean glass slide.
3. Put a drop of glycerin over the peel and place a clean coverslip gently over it with the help of a needle to avoid any kind of air bubbles.
4. Remove the excess stain and glycerin with the help of blotting paper. and observe the slide under the microscope.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- The Digestive System in Human