Write the events on the following timeline.
• World War II ends and the Labour Party, which was sympathetic to India's call for independence, forms the government.
• June 1945 – Lord Wavell draws up the Wavell Plan which failed due to the opposition between the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League.
• March 1946 - The Cabinet Mission comprised of a delegation of British ministers namely Pathick Lawrence, Stafford Cripps and A.V. Alexander, put forth England’s plan regarding India in front of the Indian leaders.
• 16th August 1946 – This day was observed as the ‘Direct Action Day’ called forth by the Muslim League. It led to Hindu-Muslim riots in various parts of the country.
• 2nd September 1946 - Viceroy Wavell established the Interim Government with Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru at its head. It could not run smoothly because of the policy of obstruction as adopted by the Muslim League.
• 18th July 1947 - On the basis of the Mountbatten Plan, the Indian Independence Act was passed in British Parliament.
• 15th August 1947 – India gains its independence after 150 years of slavery under the British Rule. But it is divided into two nations, India and Pakistan leading mass migration and further violence.
• 30th January 1948 – Mahatma Gandhi is assassinated by Nathuram Godse.