Write down the difference between LAN, MAN and WAN.
LAN (Local Area network)
- LAN Stands for Local Area Network
- A LAN is a network of connected devices that exist within a specific location.
- LANs may be found in homes, offices, educational institution, or other areas
- LAN is easy to setup.
- Data transmits at a very fast rate.
MAN (Metropolitan Area network)
- MAN stands for Metropolitan Area Network
- A public or private network used to connect various locations including suburbs in metropolitan cities.
- A MAN is a network, which covers an entire city, but uses LAN topology.
- MANs are formed by connecting multiple LANs
- Examples of a MAN are the cable TV network in a city
3) WAN (Wide Area network)
- WAN stands for Wide Area Network
- A WAN is any network that crosses metropolitan, regional, or national boundaries
- Most networking professionals define a WAN as any network that uses routers and public network links (for e.g. Telephone lines).
- Due to long distance transmission, the noise and errors are more in WAN.
- The best example of WAN is Internet.
Concept: Types of Computer Networks
Is there an error in this question or solution?