Write answer as directed.
What is meant by vinegar and gashol? What are their uses?
Vinegar is the type of liquid which consist of acetic acid ( Ethanoic acid ). It is basically produced by the process of fermentation of ethanol through ethanoic acid in the presence of bacteria.
Reaction involved in the formation of Vinegar:
CH₃CH₂OH + O₂ → CH₃COOH + H₂O
Fermentation is the process of converting sugar into alcohol. But if the cork of the bottle open for sometimes then there is a second type of fermentation happened. In this process, alcohol is changes into acetic acid, so the main compound which formed is vinegar.
Uses of Vinegar are:
- It is used in the preparation of the food.
- It is used in pickling.
- It is used as folk medicine material.
- It is used as a household cleaning agent
Gasohol is a mixture of 90% gasoline and 10% of anhydrous Alcohol (Ethyl Alcohol). It is commonly known as alternative fuel or motor fuel.
Benefits of gasohol are:-
- It is cheaper.
- It is eco-friendly.
- It has higher performance.
- It is used as a cleaner for the environment.
- It doesn't freeze in typical conditions.
Uses of gasohol are:
- It is used in a fuel or petroleum Industry
- It is used in an automobiles industry
- It is used as common gasoline or hydrous around the world.
- It is used as a flexible fuel vehicle, because it do not freeze in typical conditions.