Write an answer to the following question in your own words.
Write the names of five minerals and the useful substances obtained from them.
Minerals are naturally occurring solid substances that have a characteristic internal structure and properties. They are formed through geological processes that take millions of years. Examples of minerals are:
1. Iron ore: farming implements, rails of railway track
2. Manganese: medicines, electrical appliances
3. Bauxite: aeroplanes, transport vehicles, electric wires
4. Copper: radios, telephones, vehicles, kitchen utensils, statues
5. Mica: ayurvedic medicines, dyes, electric machines and equipment, wireless communication equipment.