Write above Hinayana and Mahayana.
- Hinayana –
- The Hinayana was the original creed preached by Buddha.
- The followers of this form regarded Buddha as their guru and did not worship him as God.
- They denied idol worship and continued with the people’s language, Pali.
- Mahayana –
- In Mahayana, Buddha was worshipped as God and Bodhisattuva as his previous avatar.
- The followers made images and statues of Buddha and Bodhisattuva and offered prayers, and recited hymns (mantras) in their praise.
- Later, they wrote their religious books in Sanskrit. This form of Buddhism was patronised
Concept: Introduction of Intellectual Awakening and Socio-political Changes
Is there an error in this question or solution?