Write about them in your own word.
The Battle of Palkhed
- Nizam – ul – Mulk was appointed as the Subhedar of Deccan by the Mughal Emperor Farukhsear.
- Nizam tried to establish his separate existence at Hyderabad in 1713 CE.
- He was against the Mughal Emperor’s decision of giving the Marathas the right to recover Chauthai – Sardeshmukhi from the Mughal areas.
- He captured some part of the Pune Pargana but got defeated by Bajirao I in the battle of Palkhed near Aurangabad.
- Thereafter, the Nizam accepted the Maratha right to collect Chauthai – Sardeshmukhi.
Concept: Nizam’s Defeat at Palkhed
Is there an error in this question or solution?