Answer in Brief
Write a short note.
Transportation in Brazil
- In Brazil, out of all transportation routes, roadways are the maximum.
- Roads are most dense in the eastern part. The forested lands of Amazon River basin and the swampy lands have limited the development of roadways.
- Railways are less developed. The use of trains for long-distance transportation of passengers is restricted to a few urban tourist routes though it is a cheaper mode of transport.
- In Brazil, navigation on Amazon river is mainly for commercial purposes. The longest waterway in the world, from the mouth of the Amazon to Equitos in Peru (approximately 3700 km.) passes through Brazil.
- Parana River in the south is an important river used for water transport.
- Coastal shipping is also carried out in the coastal areas.
- The contribution of airways in the transportation system of the country is less.
Concept: Brazil Transport
Is there an error in this question or solution?