Write a short note on :
Stage 3 of Demographic Transition theory.
- Stage 3 of the Demographic Transition Theory is the stage of expanding the population.
- From the second stage to this stage, death rates are decreasing. Birth rates are also decreasing. A decrease in both birth rates and death rates reduces the rate of growth of the population. But actually, the population is growing because the birth rates are higher than death rates.
- In this stage, since the country is making progress, the income of the people is above the subsistence level and there is an improvement in the standard of living of the people. Poverty is also reducing
- There is the development of technology as a result secondary and tertiary activities develop.
- Due to an increase in education level, people understand the importance of family planning so the size of family reduces.
- In short in stage 3 countries are moving from the developing stage to the developed stage.
Concept: Population Growth and Explosion
Is there an error in this question or solution?