Write a short note on :
Stage 3 of Demographic Transition theory.
- Stage 3 of the Demographic Transition Theory is the stage of expanding the population.
- Death rates are decreasing From the second stage to this stage. Birth rates are also decreasing. A decrease in both birth rates and death rates reduces the rate of growth of the population. But the population is growing because birth rates are higher than death rates.
- In this stage, since the country is making progress, the income of the people is above the subsistence level and there is an improvement in the standard of living of the people. Poverty is also reducing
- There is technology development, as a result, secondary and tertiary activities develop.
- Due to an increase in education level, people understand the importance of family planning so the size of the family reduces.
- In short, in stage 3 countries are moving from the developing stage to the developed stage.
Concept: Population Growth and Explosion
Is there an error in this question or solution?