Write a short note on :
Correlation between birth rates and death rates.
- Birth rate and death rate are the important components of population change.
- Birth rate is the number of live births i*n a year per thousand population.
- Death rate is the number of deaths in a year per thousand population.
- Population growth depends upon birth rate and death rate in a year. Population growth occurs not only by increasing the birth rate but also because of the decreasing death rate.
- When the birth rate is more than the death rate, the population increases.
- When the birth rate is less than the death rate, the population decreases.
- If both, birth rate and the death rate are the same then the population is said to remain stable. However, the birth rate and death rate being the same is only a hypothetical situation.