Answer in Brief
Write a short note.
Comparison of urbanisation in Brazil and India
- The growth of urbanisation: The growth of urbanisation in India has been slow as compared to Brazil.
- More urbanisation:
- The southern part of India is more urbanised than the northern part. The urbanisation in Goa is 62%, while in Delhi it is more than 80%. Moreover, urbanisation is more in the states of Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Kerala.
- In Brazil, the rate of urbanisation is high in South and South-east with Sao Paulo emerging as a major, metropolitan and industrial area. States like Sao Paulo, Goias, Minas Gerais have more urban population than states in the North.
- Less urbanisation:
- In India, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Rajasthan are some of the states with low levels of urbanisation.
- While in Brazil, in Amazon Basin and Brazilian Highlands, as population is less, urbanisation is also less. However, urbanisation has occurred in Manaus because it is a port on the confluence of the River Negro and the River Amazon.
Concept: Urbanisation in India
Is there an error in this question or solution?