Answer in Brief
Write a short book review of any one of your favourite books. Your review should include the following things.
- Title of the book
- Name of the author/ authors
- Name of the illustrator (artist)
- The central idea of the book (what the book is about)
- The important characters in the book and what they do
- What you like about the book
- Why you want others to read the book/what you learn from the book
- Title of the book - 'George's Secret Key to the Universe'
- Name of the author/authors - Lucy Hawking and Stephen Hawking
- Name of the illustrator (artist) - Garry Parsons
- The central idea of the book (what the book is about) -
The story revolves around an environmentalist and a scientist. The environmentalist feels that modern inventions of science and technology are damaging the Earth and he wants to save the Earth. The scientist has built an intelligent computer named Cosmos which has incredible powers. A selfish scientist wants to steal Cosmos so that he can establish his rule on other planets. George, the son of an environmentalist is the only one who can stop this from happening. But how _________?
- The important characters in the book and what they do -
(a) George's father - environmentalist
(b) Annie's father (Eric) - scientist
(c) An odd, angry scientist - Villain of the book.
George's father wants to save the earth from science and technology.
Annie's father Eric - has built a super-intelligent computer named Cosmos.
The odd angry scientist - wants to use science for his own selfish means.
- What you like about the book -
(a) It is a book of adventure, full of imaginary actions, adventurous trek to the universe
(b) Book also has plenty of charts, photographs, fact strips about our solar system, galaxies, space, and the whole universe, attractive and expressive sketches.
(c) The book is presented in a very simple, easy to understand manner.
- Why you want others to read the book/what you learn from the book -
It has a very convincing message. Advance in science and technology is necessary - more research, more studies and a commitment to use them not for selfish gains but for the welfare of the entire living world!
Concept: Writing Skills (5th Standard)
Is there an error in this question or solution?