Answer in Brief
Write a note on Intensive Subsistence agriculture.
- Intensive subsistence farming is practiced in densely populated countries like China, India. Japan, Sri Lanka and east Asian countries.
- Since there is large population and limited fertile agricultural land, there is small land holding.
- Farmers work intensively to get maximum yield from available small land.
- Rice is the dominant food crop produced in this region.
- Mostly manual labour and animals are used for all agricultural activities.
- Most of the production is consumed locally and hence no surplus is available for export.
- Yield per hectare is high but yield per capita is low.
Concept: Primary Occupations - Agriculture
Is there an error in this question or solution?