Write a note on Fresh Water.
- Rainwater is considered to be the purest form of water, as it contains a very less proportion of salts when compared to the oceans and seas.
- Hence it is called freshwater.
- A major part of freshwater is found in the frozen state in the form of ice caps and glaciers.
- Around 0.5 tol% of it, is found in the liquid state as rivers, streams, lakes, ponds, etc.
- Surface water may also penetrate through porous rocks and get collected beneath the Earth’s surface.
- This is called groundwater.
Concept: Fresh Water
Is there an error in this question or solution?