Write a note on Acid rain.
- Acid rain is one of the consequences of air pollution.
- It occurs when emissions from factories, cars, or heating boilers contact the water in the atmosphere.
- These emissions contain nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and sulfur trioxide which when mixed with water becomes sulfurous acid, nitric acid, and sulfuric acid.
- This process also occurs by nature through volcanic eruptions.
- It can have harmful effects on plants, aquatic animals, and infrastructure.
Concept: Acid Rain
Is there an error in this question or solution?