Answer in Brief
Write a note.
Azad Hind Sena
- The Azad Hind Sena was built by Rasbihari Bose by recruiting Indian soldiers and later on was reorganized under the leadership of Subhash Chandra Bose.
- These were the Indian soldiers of the British army who were taken captive by the Japanese army.
- In 1943, Subhash Chandra Bose established ‘Azad Hind Sarkar’ in Singapore.
- At the end of 1943, he had already conquered Andaman and Nicobar. “Tum Muze Khoon Do! Main Tumhe Azadi Dunga!” (“Give me your blood! I shall give you independence!”) This speech by him turned into a key slogan among Indians.
- In 1944, he had conquered the Arakan province and the British outposts on the east border of Assam.
- The soldiers of Azad Hind Sena kept fighting in very adverse conditions. They could not reach and capture Imphal.
Concept: Impact of the World Wars on India
Is there an error in this question or solution?